Sunday, July 28, 2013

LDS Accounts

You know how every other fifth Sunday the Bishopbric comes in and tells everybody how to make an LDS Account and then the Relief Society President usually stands up and says how much she loves it and sometimes the person next to you starts their account right then and there using their cool new smartphone but most people a.) already have one b.) forget to make one when they get home or c.) are way too scared that they're not actually a member of the Church due to an indexing account malfunction a few years ago to even try.

Okay, so maybe I'm the only one in Category C.

But the important part of this story is that I got over that fear today!  Today, I made an official LDS Account.  So far, I have explored the likes of a few conference talks--taking care to use every highlighter color possible (I think yellow means its a scripture quote, orange is a great insight, blue is... oh no, whats blue!?), "liked" a number of the General Authorities' new official facebook pages (seriously, I follow President Monson now!  Check it out here.) , and mostly I guess I like just having my name up in the corner.  I'm really excited to try out the new family search stuff, like more than just indexing, I keep hearing about these "fan charts".  Yeah, I want one.  And I think I can get one now.  Basically, I'm pretty excited about the new doors this LDS Account can open for me annnnnd for all of you.  It's easy as one-two-three.

Look.  Here's a link.  Just to make it super easy for you all.  Imagine how much fun FHE will be tomorrow if you just do this!  https://ldsaccount.lds.org/sign-in/go/membershipInfo-control.jsf

1 comment:

  1. I just went on the new family search or family tree, I can't keep track anymore, the other day and I saw my fan chart :) It was pretty neat. :)Way to go Sarah!

    ReplyDelete